Rafael Nadal slipped out of the highest three within the new ATP rankings launched on Monday whereas Jannik Sinner, who gained the Washington event on the weekend, jumped 9 locations to fifteen.
The 20-time Grand Slam winner Nadal misplaced to Lloyd Harris within the spherical of 16 in Washington to seek out himself dropping one place to quantity 4 with the Greek Stefanos Tsitsipas changing him at three.
Italian teenager Sinner, who beat the American Mackenzie McDonald in three units in Washington, climbs from twenty fourth into the upper realms of the sport’s elite.
READ ALSO: Canada Welcomes Vaccinated Americans Across Reopened Border
Sinner, who solely turns 20 on August 16, is the youngest participant to win an ATP 500 event for the reason that class was created in 2009.
By reaching the ultimate, McDonald additionally loved a dramatic leap from 107th to sixty fourth.
Novak Djokovic, who has gained all three majors this yr and has his eyes firmly set on finishing the sweep with one other success on the US Open, stays comfortably at primary.
The Serb has now spent a file 333 weeks in prime spot, nicely forward of next-best Roger Federer, who managed 310 and is now down at quantity 9.
ATP rankings as of August 9
1. Novak Djokovic (SRB) 12,113 pts
2. Daniil Medvedev (RUS) 9,643
3. Stefanos Tsitsipas (GRE) 8,115 (+1)
4. Rafael Nadal (ESP) 7,315 (-1)
5. Alexander Zverev (GER) 7,183
6. Dominic Thiem (AUT) 6,915
7. Andrey Rublev (RUS) 6,005
8. Matteo Berrettini (ITA) 5,533
9. Roger Federer (SUI) 4,215
10. Denis Shapovalov (CAN) 3,625
11. Pablo Carreño (ESP) 3,260
12. Casper Ruud (NOR) 3,205
13. Hubert Hurkacz (POL) 3,118
14. Diego Schwartzman (ARG) 2,913
15. Jannik Sinner (ITA) 2,745 (+9)
16. Félix Auger-Aliassime (CAN) 2,693 (-1)
17. Alex De Minaur (AUS) 2,600 (+1)
18. Roberto Bautista (ESP) 2,585 (-2)
19. David Goffin (BEL) 2,513 (+1)
20. Christian Garín (CHI) 2,475 (-1)