Igboho Denies Osun Monarch, Says Yoruba Nation Agitation Continues

The camp of Yoruba nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo, alias Sunday Igboho, on Saturday denied that he was about to have a dialogue with the federal authorities over his agitation for secession. 

Reacting final evening to Friday’s provide by the Oluwo of Iwo, Osun State, Oba Abdulrosheed Akanbi, to intervene within the face-off between the federal government and Igboho, the spokesman for the activist, Olayomi Koiki, mentioned there had been no contact between the monarch and the agitator recently.

Igboho Denies Osun Monarch, Says Yoruba Nation Agitation Continues 2

Koiki additionally denied that Igboho was about to drop the agitation for a Yoruba nation.

But the Oluwo mentioned solely Igboho “can speak for himself” on whether or not he’s prepared for talks of not.

“Nobody can speak for him,” he informed The Nation on the cellphone.

The Presidency itself appeared to minimize the matter when contacted on Saturday.

A supply mentioned solely the Director of the Department of State Services (DSS), the Nigeria Police Force and the Attorney-General of the Federation, Mr. Abubakar Malami, SAN, might decide Igboho’s destiny.

It was the DSS that coordinated the raid within the activist’s Ibadan residence just lately, arrested a few of his aides and declared him needed.

Igboho has since gone underground.

Koiki, his spokesman, informed The Nation that he was not conscious of any contact recently between Oba Akanbi and Igboho.

“Not at any time, not even a single call,” he mentioned.

But he admitted that Igboho visited the Oba method again in 2018 to reciprocate an identical one by the normal ruler to the activist. He mentioned it was on that event on the Oluwo’s palace that the {photograph} of Igboho prostrating for the Oba, now trending on social media, was taken.

“The news that Chief Sunday Adeyemo visited the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi is not true,” he mentioned.

“The 2018 picture was taken during a return visit after he (Oluwo) came to chief’s house.”

He insisted that Igboho has additionally not dropped his agitation for a Yoruba nation. He mentioned any declare on the contrary is a lie.

Contacted final evening on the response from Igboho’s camp, Oba Akanbi mentioned: “It is only Igboho that can speak for himself now. Nobody can speak for him. If he wants to continue fighting the way he has been fighting, let him go ahead.

“If he wants his normal life back, let him go for peace. It is either he goes for peace or continues with ‘catch me if you can,’ with the DSS. The option is there for Igboho, but I won’t advise him to talk or say a word until peace is made.

“To return his life back to normal is my desire. Anybody that wants to lead the agitation can go ahead. It is Igboho that has something to protect. He has a life. He is our son, we won’t allow something bad to happen to him. He has a name. Sunday Igboho does not deal with some of those people who say they are speaking for him. Why didn’t you ask them when they spoke with Igboho?

“It is unfortunate that the majority of them are pushing him. They will just continue to push him until they kill him. To the extent that the DSS could claim responsibility that they attacked his house. They (DSS), said: ‘We went to Igboho’s house and we killed two people.’

“I think they just want to push him into trouble. Even before the current agitations, he was not poor. He was only misinformed and he has realised this.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Igboho Denies Osun Monarch, Says Yoruba Nation Agitation Continues

Send this to a friend