The gunmen who invaded Bethel Baptist High School, Damishi in Kaduna State, have rejected 9 luggage of rice in addition to different meals objects provided by the varsity.
The Vice-Principal of the varsity, Wakili Madugu, stated this throughout an interview on Nigeria Info Abuja 95.1 FM and monitored by Punch on Thursday, including that he obtained a name at 7.30am on Tuesday shortly after the scholars had been kidnapped and was assured of their security.
The college official stated the abductors had demanded meals objects with which they might feed the scholars.
He additional acknowledged that the bandits stated authorities had blocked their entry to meals and due to this fact demanded that the varsity and the mother and father make meals objects accessible.
He stated, “They said we should bring 10 bags of imported rice, 20 bags of local rice, 20 bags of beans and then 10 cartons of Maggi (seasoning) and then 10 kegs of oil as well as two bags of salt. These were the items they demanded.”
Madugu, nevertheless, stated the varsity didn’t have all of the objects demanded as a result of they’d exhausted virtually all their foodstuffs forward of the varsity’s closure this week.
He added that the varsity was in a position to make among the objects accessible however the bandits rejected them.
Madugu acknowledged, “The school had no more food because we were preparing to close the school in less than four days. So, the food items were not up to what they (abductors) were demanding. So, we sought assistance from some of the parents and we did our best.
“As of today, we have nine bags of rice, one sack of beans, two cartons of Maggi (seasoning), two kegs of palm oil and a bag of salt. They told me to bring the items yesterday (Wednesday) and so I called them around 7pm and they asked me how far.
“I told them this is what we have on hand and they started insulting me, threatening me and they switched off the phone. That means what I have is not enough.”
The vice-principal stated it wasn’t true that the state authorities had requested the varsity to shut down earlier than the incident.
On what efforts the varsity had made to make sure that college students weren’t kidnapped, Madugu stated members of the Joint Task Force had been guarding the varsity.
He stated they really engaged the bandits in a gun duel on Tuesday however they have been overpowered by the superior hearth energy of the assailants.
He added that the bandits didn’t are available in automobiles however really marched the scholars out of the varsity.
The vice-principal added that the abductors had not but demanded a ransom.