Donations in money and sort to the Kano Fund Raising Committee on COVID-19 has continued to pour in to help and mitigate the results of the noxious Corona Virus ravaging the worldwide neighborhood.
The newest donation to the Kano COVID-19 fund is a sum of twenty million naia (N20, 000, 000) given by the Bank of Industry (BOI).
Giving updates on the actions of the committee in a press release, the commissioner for Information and member of the committee, Malam Muhammad Garba indicated that one other donation of 1 million naira (N1,000, 000) was acquired from Dambatta Fund Raising Committee by the Executive Vice Chairman, Nigeria Communication Commission (NCC), Prof. Umar Garba Dambatta and one other 5 hundred thousand (N500, 000) was acquired from the household of Alhaji Mukhtar Adnan, Sarkin Bai.
READ ALSO: Presidency Reveals How Buhari Will Tackle Nigeria’s Weak Health System
Other donors, he mentioned, embrace sums of 5 hundred thousand naira every from Tsanyawa Local Government Fund Raising Committee and the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Kano state chapter.
Futma Universal Concept Limited gave 100 and sixty-two thousand naira (N162,000) whereas Alhaji Hamisu Dankaka donated 100 thousand naira (N100, 000).
The commissioner additionally introduced a donation of the sum of N1, 515, 000.00 by the Dawaki neighborhood in Dawakin Kudu native authorities space.
The breakdown of the fund is as follows:
“Hon Mustapha Bala Dawaki N500, 000.00;
Azman Group N500, 000.00;
Alhaji Danlami Baba Tamburawa and Alhaji Babangano Nagwaggo Gano N100, 000.00 every;
Alhaji Shu’aibu Yankatsari, Alhaji Abba Aliyu Yankatsari, Ibrahim Umar Dawakiji, Samari Travelling Agency N50, 000.zero every.
AVM Abdurrahman Ishaq N40, 000.00; Barr. Amina ‘Yargaya and Alhaji Babangano Danlami Tsakuwa, Alhaji Umar Lawan N20, 000.00 every;
Faruku Yakubu Dawaki N15, 000.00.”
The assertion additionally gave a breakdown of donations of things by people and company organisations as follows:
1. Rechaiit Benckisser Limited 125 cartons of Dettol Soap and 90 cartons of antiseptic
2. Nigeria Police Force 85 packets of face masks, 100 cartons of small measurement sanitizer, 99 cartons of medium measurement sanitizer, 199 cartons of hand gloves, one carton of disposable robe and 96 items of coated face masks
3. China Zhangao Limited 2, 000 cartons of Sona water and 1 000 units of testing kits
4. Procter and Gamble Nigeria Limited 10, 000 safeguard cleaning soap
5. UAC 4750 packs of Groundnut and Coconuts chips
6. Unilever 567 Lux (cleaning soap) of 65g, 95 Closeup 140g (toothpaste) Cool breeze, 417 of 110g Lifebuoy (cleaning soap), 4 Closeup 140g (toothpaste) Naija Herbal, 73 Pepsodent 140g Cavity fighter, 460 of 60g Lifebuoy (cleaning soap), 117 Lux (cleaning soap) of 125g, 787 Sunlight (cleaning soap) of 70g, 155 Sunlight dish wash of 400ml and two 400ml Vaseline lotion.
7. Mandate Healthcare Nigeria Limited 5 cartons x 10 bins x 100 items of examination gloves.
8. Unique Pharmaceuticals Limited 1, 500 of UNISAL of 500ml
9. Peugeot Automobile 100 luggage of beans.
10. Jifatu Stores 200 cartons of noodles, 50 luggage of maize flour and 50 luggage of maize grit.
11. Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) 16 cartons of sanitizers, 4 cartons of face masks and a giant carton of hand gloves.
12. Ugo Lab Limited Hand sanitizers, Chloroquine and Paracetamol syrup price N3, 000, 000.00.
The commissioner urged organizations and well-to-do people inside and out of doors the state to donate generously in direction of the committee set as much as search and gather donations in money or type and distribute similar to these in want in order to cushion the tough impact of the measures being taken by authorities in opposition to the unfold of Covid-19 in Kano.